What's the difference between user and organization accounts?
Your user account is your identity on GitBook. Your user account can be a member of any number of organizations, regardless of whether the account is on a free or paid plan.
Personal user accounts
Every person who uses GitBook has their own user account. These accounts include:
- Unlimited public books and collaborators on all plans
- Personal plans for private books and distribution Ability to add unlimited repository collaborators
Organizations are great for businesses and large projects that need multiple owners and admins. They include:
- Business plans for private books and distribution
- Collaborators-based access permissions
- Unlimited administrators and collaborators using teams
- Billing receipts that can be sent to a second email address